Identify and remove toxic plants from your home. Common varieties like lilies, poinsettias, and philodendrons can be harmful to pets if ingested.
Secure household chemicals and cleaning products out of your pet's reach. Keep them in locked cabinets to prevent accidental exposure.
Cover or hide electrical cords to prevent pets from chewing on them. Use cord protectors or keep cords out of sight to avoid accidents.
Pets can swallow small objects, leading to choking or blockages. Keep small items like buttons, coins, and toys off the floor.
Ensure window screens are secure to prevent pets from falling. Always supervise them near open windows, especially on upper floors.
Store medications in a secure location. Be cautious when taking pills, as pets might ingest dropped pills without your knowledge.
Use pet-proof trash cans to prevent pets from rummaging through garbage. Dispose of toxic items properly to avoid ingestion.